PC booting, but 'No Signal' on monitor

Q89

The pc was working fine yesterday, this morning I switch it on and the pc starts (all the fans, LED's are working) but the monitor says No Signal.

I took out the graphics card and plugged the monitor in the onboard graphics, but still no luck. The monitor still says No Signal.

So what should I do next? Get a new graphics or new System Board?

Thanx
Q

Have you checked your monitor in other PC?I don't think their is problem with your GPU as onboard graphics is also not working.

Try entering BIOS and if possible disable the on-board graphics. Then connect the monitor to your dedicated GPU and reboot.

If that doesn't work, and the integrated GPU doesn't either, it would be worth checking its not set to disabled in BIOS, which would give the same effect as it won't work.

Most motherboards I've come across allow you to either disable on-board GPUs, or at the very least select the correct GPU to be used as default during boot up. This is important to bear in mind, especially if the BIOS is set to use your dedicated GPU, it isn't going to try and use your on-board GPU and will therefore make you think its dead, when in fact its working fine but not enabled in one way or another.

The thing is that I can't see anything on the monitor, and therefore I can not enter the BIOS.

Did you hear startup sound when windows start?You said all fans,leds are working.If you hear windows start sound then i think your MB is also working.Have you tried another monitor in your system?

Did you hear startup sound when windows start?You said all fans,leds are working.If you hear windows start sound then i think your MB is also working.Have you tried another monitor in your system?

Yes, I hear the Windows sounds when start up occurs. I have tried the monitor on other pc and it is working fine.

I too have msi 9800GT but 512MB OC one :) Have you tried other monitors in your CPU?if you are hearing startup sound then your MB is working as well.But if you had GPU problem then plugging into onboard VAG should have worked.Are you sure you removed GPU while plugging into onboard VGA?

Few months ago i had problem with my GPU.While gamind i used to get black screen and had to restart my PC.The problem was due to too much dust on GPU.Hopw you have a clean gPU :)

Back