PC can't find hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffstan

Hello everyone,
i came back here because you guys were so helpful when i had a problem with a virus.
but now i have another problem i was hoping you might be able to help me with.
two days ago my computer stopped recognizing my hard drives. everything was working fine the night before. i shut off the computer. didn't see any error messages or anything. then the next day when i go to turn it on. it gives me this error.

"Hardware initiate failed, please check device!!!
The Bios be not installed, press <g> to continue!"

I've never seen this before. i have two hard drives installed on my PC and it won't find either one. when i press "G" it jumps to another screen telling me i have no hard drives and that i need to reboot.
i checked the BIOS by pressing "delete" at start up and i can't see the hard drives in there at all. and i tried booting with the Win XP cd so i could try a repair. but it also says i have no hard drive and won't let me do a repair or anything.

i'm not super computer savvy. so i'm not sure what else to try. i checked all the cables and they all seem fine. (they are SATA connections i believe)
anyway, i was wondering you guys had any help or suggestions i could try. Thanks you very much.

-jeff

Try booting into Safe Mode and then use System Restore to go back to a previous save point.

oh yeah, i might not have mentioned that before. i can't boot up the computer past the intial screen where it looks for the hard drives. so i can't get into safe mode or do anything in the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back