pc can't run any media player for watching movies after installing new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani123

I have recently installed a nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card(256bit,256mb) on my pc.since then I can run every games and other applications smoothly except windows media player for watching movies, though my pc can run windows media player for mp3 and audio cds.I have tried other media players like power dvd but when it comes to reading any video files,these media players simply halt to perform giving a 'not responding' message.my configuration is: winxp(sp2),512mb ram,p4 2.4ghz,asprock motherboard.Before installing video card,my pc could run media player smoothly.Please help.

Drivers

The drivers you used, did you install them off the cd that came with the card or did you download them off the nvidia website?

Dont know what he did, but i tried both.
I have tried about 5 drivers, all with the same problems (78.01 and 81.85 too)

ive got a similar problem but with an ati radeon, my nvidia geforce 2600 was sent away to be repaired and still hasnt come back so i bought a cheap card and now i can only play like small videos of about 10 megabytes

pretty crummy

we need to analyse whats happening with the g cards when it trys to play a video file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back