PC crash issue

Ancelot327

Hello everyone, well how do i start. My PC was working fine, till yesterday that the screen got freezed while i was playing a game (lineage2) so even the keyboard wasn't responding, the power button wasn't working either. The entire system got freezed so i had to unplug the power cable. When i plug in the cable i pressed the button and the PC was starting fine just a little bit accelerated. The system went up, OP booted fine but like 15 min later it got freeze again. I did the same again and then like 20 to 30 min later the problem happened. I though it was the video card so i removed the VC and i used the one integrated with the computer. I booted again the System boot fine till like 45 min got freeze again but the computer restarted herself without pressing the restart buttom. Since then the computer is having continous crash. Now im using it in safe mode with networking. Its been more than 1 hour and it havent crash. Im gonna tell the system specifics.

AMD Phenom II 4x 64 bit, 3.2 GHZ
4 GB Ram
HDD 320 GB
Motherboard ASUS Micro-atx
Powersupply rocketfish 500w (crappy PSU xD)
Nvidia geforce 8400 512 DDR2 (crappy video card i know xD)

I dont have a hell of a PC but im gonna improve later with better parts :)
If anything can be done i will apreciate that. Thanks.

The first thing I would suggest is to remove all but one of your RAM sticks and then run in normal mode to see if the freezes persist. If they do swap to another stick and try again, you may find it will only have freezes on one of the sticks. If that is the case then you will need to buy a replacement stick and your problem should end.

As your system has rebooted itself this was probably due to a BSOD which will have created a minidump. Please follow these instructions to find the dump file and attach it to your next post for analysis.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less than five just zip up what you have).

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Try the diagnosis I described earlier for testing the RAM.

As you system is not set up to save memory dumps then go through this guide to make sure it saves any future dump files. This is for Windows 7 but it is very similar for Vista and XP. You should state what version of Windows you are using.

Click on Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings (left pane) > Advanced tab > Settings button for Startup and Recovery. In the System Failure box make these settings.

Check > Write an event to the system log.

Check > Automatically restart.

Select > 'Small Memory Dump' in the Write debugging information box.

Small Dump Directory should read %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Check at the bottom of the box that "Overwrite any existing file" is not checked. If it is you will have to go back to the "Write debugging indformation" box, change "Small memory dump" to "Complete memory dump" then you can uncheck the "Overwrite any existing file" box. Then go back and reset "complete memory dump" back to "Small memory dump". Heaven knows why microsoft designed it that way.

Hit OK, OK again and close the System box.

Back