PC crash when gaming

Devilstail

Hello!

I have tried to youtube, and google my way to the answer here- but no can do.

When I start up either HotS or WoW my whole computer crashes. This happens either right away or max 5-6 secounds after. When I start up WoW, it happens after I log in, and are in-game.

The screen dont alway act the same way, but it either turn purple, blue, or orange. Sometimes the sound make a... "drrrrrrrrrr" infinity sound. Sometimes, it is quiet, but everytime I need to manually shut the pc down.

Its getting realy frustrating.

And 2 of 10 times I can press the windows button, and a pop-up to the right will say that the "Nvidia Kernel mode drive" stopped working and have been fix or something. Apparently not. I have made some adjustment in the 3D-settings, and sett the power setting thingy to max, and turned off vertical sync. A youtube video told me that, dident work either.

I have also open up the computer, and removed any dust. So it should not be overheated. The computer is 2/3 years old, and have been working just fine until now.

PC details:
Intel Core i7-4770 CPU: 3,40 GHz, 3400 MHz. Have 7 of those. 16 GB in memory/RAM.
System, 64-bit windows 10
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 - updated today.

I am a real noob, and just wanna play these games on my computer - but it only crashed when I open any games.

Anyone here know what to do?
I would be sooooo thankful!

:)

Did this problem with playing games start after upgrading to Windows 10, or was it there before the upgrade?

I think it started at the same time. It also seems that when I can press the Windows button and get out of the game when it crashes, and can open up the game and its all fine. If I minimize and open again it crashes.

Thanks, but have that program already. I have tried some older drivers, but did now work either.

I have now rolled my pc back to windows 8.1, and I still have the same problem... so annoying ^^ Nothing changes no matter what I do ^^

I have downloaded the driver from nvidia's homepage? How do I check if its for windows 8? If its not, how do I change it too windows 8? :)

That I have done. Did not work. Have also tryed to Download a older driver for Windows 8, but still the same problem occur...

Pull out the video card and use a pencil eraser to clean the gold contacts. Also check for dust around the fan assembly. Make sure that the fan spins freely

I did that a coupel of days ago, and I downloaded a app. that measure the temperature. It all seems fine, and nothing is overheating.

Ye it seems like it.
Got a friend to check it out, and it seems like the video card is broken. We formated the pc, and everything, but the error was still there.

Are graphic card and video card the same stuff? hehe.... :/

Thanks for your help btw!!!

Back