PC Crashes, Black Screen

Hello there,
I'm having some trouble with my PC at the moment. Here is my PC's specs:

CPU: Intel: Core i7 2600K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Water Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
Memory: 8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance(2x4GB)
Hard Drive: 1TB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
PSU: 700W Xigmatek

The PC is about one and a half years old. Just the other day I wanted to over-clock my CPU to 4500 MHz from 3400 MHz. It was working fine, I went to dinner and then came back to the PC. The PC was in sleep mode. The PC wouldn't come out of sleep mode so I had to reset the BIOS setting on the motherboard(I've had to do this before).

After that I stopped the PC going into sleep from now on. That night I was playing WoW(Don't judge me;)) and half way through a raid my screen goes black, the sound loops for a few seconds and the PC freezes. I had to hold down the power button to switch it off. After I turned it back on I put everything back to default. Sadly after playing on WoW later with the default setting the PC froze again. The problem is it had never this before when the setting were just default.

So I started looking online. I updated my BIOS setting. My GPU Drivers and still the PC keep freezing when I play. I don't know if this could be something to do with the voltages after I over-clocked the PC. I set everything to default but something might of changed.

Later I played wow again while watching my GPU's temp. My CPU runs at around 40 degree's most of the time. But the GPU hit 100 Degree's centigrade! I looked online and the GPU's max temp is 99 degree's centigrade. The problem is that I never had a problem with the GPU until I started trying to over-clock the PC.

Can anyone give me some advise or solutions?
Thank you.

"The problem is that I never had a problem with the GPU until I started trying to over-clock the PC"... Over-clocking can damage PC components. Turn off the over-clocking and see if the PC stabilizes

Had teh same problem... in my case it was my realtek soundcard that was acting up... Switched of the "let program take control of this unit" in the advanced soundunit option and also lowered the soundquality from 24 bit to 16 bit. hope it helpes.

Back