PC Crashes during 3D Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Message Title states, my PC seems to crash whenever a 3D game is loaded. It'll run for a few seconds, albeit at an extremely low FPS and very choppy, and then the game will copy the same select pixels across my entire screen and repeat the sound that was playing when it crashed for 2-3 seconds before my computer restarts.

I'm leaning toward the Motherboard/Memory, as the GPU runs fine with everything else, and the temperatures stay well below the threshold. I've also swapped out the PSU. 550w for a 600w to no avail.

System specs are as shown:

Please help :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I've updated to Catalyst 9.10 along with the latest drivers for the card. I was planning on overclocking my CPU until I ran into this issue..

Does the problem only occur when you start playing your game?
Here are a few possibilities on what you can do:
1) Take out your graphics card and clean its fan, as it tends to restrict air flow and instantaneous heat will cause games to crash.
2) Borrow another persons card and see if it runs ok.
3) Check the RAM in your first slot, as your memory get deducted from it first, it may cause instability.
4) Roll back your caed drivers to a more stable one, windows 7 build 7100, has some card instabilities. Try find the retail, 64 bit version.
5) My primary answer to all comp problems = format !
Good luck

The problem occurs as soon as any 3D application appears onto my screen, be it the Catalyst preview options or a game.

1) The graphics card is brand new, so there is no dust around the fan at all, but just incase, I cleaned it.
2) Will do when I find someone with a suitable PCI-E 2.0 card.
3) Will do
4) I've tried most Driver updates, including the ones that came with the card. I'll try updating to retail 64bit.
5) I was hoping it wouldn't lead to that haha. I sincerely think it's a hardware error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back