TechSpot

PC Crashes During Gaming

By Russelfurd
Oct 31, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone. I have a problem. I am having constant lock ups whenever I play any of my games. Doesn't matter what the game is...it continues to do this. I have updates the drivers for the video card...and it helped a bit...but is definately still doing it.

I have:

3.06 ghz P4
    Radeon 800xt 256mb Video Card
    1 GB DDR Ram

I'm unsure of what my Power Supply is but I bought my PC through DELL, Its a Dimension 8300 I believe. So the base power supply that came with it when I purchased it.

I know that it could possibly be the power supply and I may need a higher watt.

Also...I have had alerts come up after the dell screen.

They say:

Alert! Low battery Voltage
    and sometimes
    Alert! Previous Fan error

I'm leaning towards a heat issue. And a lot motherboard battery.

So before I take this to get it worked on somewhere (I don't trust myself installing a power supply, and I don't really know what the problem is) Could anyone offer any assistance with what I should do and what they think it is?
  2. satchmo

satchmo TS Rookie Posts: 129

When did the problem start? How old is your PC? When and what was your last upgrade?

I am betting on a hardware issue. You might try your luck at the gaming forum section.
  3. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 757

Sounds like a a failing CPU fan /CMOS Failing
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.