PC crashes while playing Call of Duty 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Built a new pc about a 1 and a half weeks ago. No problems at all until i started to play call of duty 4. As im playing the game usually after about 2/3 hours of playing on and off suddenly the monitor will just go black onto stand-by like the PC is turned off, but its not its still on. And the sound just repeats its self in a loop like its crashed. The only way to fix it is to restart the PC, but the problem keeps re-accuring. At first i thought it could be a overheating problem, but my GFX card hardly goes over 45C and the CPU around 34C.

Specs-

Abit IP35 mobo

8800GT 512MB

2GB Crucial Ballistix

Intel E4500 @ stock /w decent cooler

Seagate 250GB HDD

Coolermaster 330elite case /w Coolermaster 460W eXtreme PSU.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for all your hardware, and the latest patch for CoD4.

Also the other thing is are you running a firewall or something that might be asking if the application can perform a certain task. I know that Comodo firewall can be a B***h like that sometimes.

this was happening to me, although my card is better, I had no heat issues, I had to downclock my card, didnt see much difference in performance but it stopped the crashes. I love that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back