TechSpot

PC crashes while watching videos.(Suspect Driver issue)

By razzy
Jan 9, 2008
  1. I've had this problem before, and I took the easy way out by re-installing windows. Well, that fixed it. Haven't had a problem until now. I re-installed windows about a month ago just because I wanted to "Clean up" my system. I've done everything I can think of to fix this. Un-installed ati drivers, repaired windows files with XP CD, system restore.

I am positive its not a faulty hardware device as I have no other problems on other operating systems. (Gentoo, Ubuntu).

I've attached some minidumps (All in one zip archive).

--Much appreciated.

EDIT: Read how to use Windows Debugging Tools for windows. So I attached my debug log.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

Every one of your 6 minidumps point to RtkHDAud.sys which is a Realtek High Audio Definition driver.

This is a common problem that I've lost count on how many times it shows up here at TechSpot.

Solution: Update your RealTek drivers.

3. razzy

razzy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you.

I actually installed newer realtek drivers about a week ago. Which I probably shouldn't have. "If it ain't broke no need to fix" as they say. So I am going to install the drivers that came with my mobo disk.

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

You're welcome. :)

Sometimes getting ahead one must rollback...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.