PC deteriorating over time?

Hello, So I'm quite new to this whole PC stuff. I have very minor knowledge about computers, not enough to really know what I'm doing but enough to get by, so please if someone could help, or give an explanation why/what this is going on

PC Specs:
Motherboard : ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU : Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU : GeForce RTX 2070 Super
PSU : Corsair RM750
RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
Storage : Corsair Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe 1TB SSD
Win 10
(Nothing is being overclocked, everything is running at stock factory settings)

Whole Story:
I've been playing on a Pre-Built PC for a while and I decided to try and build my own and About 6 months ago (Sep 2020) I built my first PC! It was a massive success, everything went fine and was working normally, nothing was out of the ordinary. I play a lot of doom eternal and the RTX 2070 Super let me crank up the graphics to their highest settings, and during the first months I'd play on its Ultra Settings, 144 FPS with absolutely NO Dips what so ever for a couple of hours!

Fast forward to November-December I started noticing that the my PC was starting to drop frames, from being stuck at 144 to dropping to 110-120ish often. It wasn't that big of a deal but concerning, but it could at least run something like Minecraft Bedrock at a solid 144 fps.

And then fast forward to February, Games like Doom Eternal are starting to dip from 144-110 to 70-80fps and Minecraft from 144 to 80-120.

For a while I thought it could've been either my GPU bottlenecking my CPU or vice versa but apparently that wasn't it. I also thought it was my PC's Temperatures, while they do run high gaming, it doesn't get TOO hot. I even replaced the thermal paste on my water cooler and blew out all the little amount of dust it had gathered and still nothing has changed.

--------
tl;dr
Ever since I built my PC, as time went on performance (Gaming FPS Wise) keeps deteriorating
-------

I did just order some more RAM so I'll be having 32GB of the same type of RAM, other than that I have no idea why performance keeps going down, and yeah I know its kinda picky complaining about some FPS drops but as time goes on it keeps getting a little lower, and I'd love to at least hear why this is happening or get advice on how to fix this.

I appreciate any and all help, and/or any advice regarding keeping my PC in good condition!
Thank You!

Make sure you do the maintenance on your PC before it forces it on you during game play. You should running Win 10 vers 20H2 by now and if you are not a computer can feel slow as it starts to download in the background. Security software trying to scan while you are using it? Check that out. A assume your main C drive has lots of space? If it is running out of space that would be bad. You need at least 10% slack space at all times on the C: drive.

I suggest you get a monitor that has G Sync or at least a G Sync compatible monitor than set it to run at a variable refresh rate....that way you won't feel the dips under 1444hz.

Back