PC Fails to boot

By Garee
Apr 9, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I woke up to find that my PC will not start up properly. Here is what I have gathered so far:

When I press the power button both the CPU cooler fan and the PSU fan turn on for 5-6 seconds before power to both stops completely and everything turns off.

I removed all peripherals/hard-drive etc so that only the CPU,Mobo,PSU and RAM was left. The issue continued. I tried each stick of RAM seperately and the still had the same problem.

The only time something new happens was when I disconnected the CPU power cable from the mobo. This time both fans stayed on as if the system was starting up correctly.

I have no idea what is causing the problem however I suspect it may be the PSU or the mobo is dead. I checked for short circuits however I could not find one and there is no LED on the mobo that I could see either.

I do not have any spare components like a PSU to test with.

Any help would be great, Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.