By Satanich
May 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Mobo:asrock z77 pro 3 bios 1.90
    vga:sapphire 6770 vapor-x
    Ram:dd3 corsair 4gb 1333mhz dual channel
    PSU:coolermaster gx 650w
    cpu:intel core i5 2500

I changed my old motherboard asus p8p67(bios fail uppdate,broken...)to asrock z77 pro 3
    Now my problem is freeze at motherboard logo,freeze after few hours of game,
    Vga temp in full 60°
    cpu temp full:50°

2. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 527

I was getting that few weeks ago and found it very weird I took it to shop and they done it but they told me the boot order was wrong which im sure I checked once I was able to get into it eventually they said something to do with my card reader .. sorry if no help

3. Satanich

Satanich TS Rookie Topic Starter

Card reader??I have it,maybe is not compatible with new motherboard??

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,029   +913

5. Satanich

I already installed the bios,the instant flash version,more safe than the windows version

6. JC713

True, but I dont recommend the Flash version since I do not know your expertise.

7. Satanich

Flashed trought bootable usb pendrive.Simple,safe,fast

8. JC713

Yeah, but I am talking in general, I do this with everyone, not just you :). It may be a RAM or HDD issue. Try running MemTest86 for a few passes (5 at least). Then try running SeaTools. Tell me the results.

9. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

Get into the bios and disable C3/C6 State support and CPU Thermal monitor under Advanced frequency Settings, Advanced CPU Core Features

10. Satanich

Thx tmagic I'll try but this morning I turn on my pc and start some prime95 for 6 hours and 45 minutes.No problem no freeze .So what's the problem?Already checked the ram with memtest86 and the hard drive

11. Satanich

Ok disabled c3/c6 and thermal trothing

12. Tmagic650

Okay, good:)

13. Satanich

Another freeze....when serfing internet...
    maybe is bad motherboard?I wish not...

14. Satanich

I think it's just some bad conflict with hardware,maybe some changing to bios can help

15. Satanich

Ok I disabled intel virtualizzation,hardware prefetcher and adjacen cache line prefetcher.Testing

16. JC713

Virtualization isnt necessary unless you are running virtual machines. It is pretty useless otherwise, but there is no need to disable it, since it doesnt cause many problems. I am wondering why it would freeze at the splash screen though :confused:.

17. Satanich

Don't know....testing now.But I wish isn't the motherboard because it's new.
    Some post say to give some overvolt to cpu offset +0,010v

18. JC713

It may be an issue with the motherboard unfortunately. The BIOS may be corrupted, not sure though.

19. Satanich

Guys need help!

20. Tmagic650

Is the computer still doing the same thing?

21. Satanich

Yes,but every time I have corrupted windows boot file.So I decide to put my windows cd,at installation screen I press R and insert this line in cmd bootsect/nt60 sys

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.