Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Ill go straigt to my problem :)

Pc Spec:
1.8 AMD athlon
1gb of ram
Nvidia 6600 (128mb)
Sound card: Dont really know. Cant check it right now, because my pc is frozed.
Windows xp sp1
avast installed, guess wall.

So my pc freezes randomly. Not completely, I ussualy can do things what i opened before the freeze. For example use firefox and search internet, listen to music. But i can't open new things and when i try to open for example: My Computer the icon in the middle of the window pops like it's searching something. Programs ussualy wont open during the freeze . Furthermore, can't use ctrl+alt+del well i can, but it wont do anything.

Right now my desktop froze too...

Scaned for viruses and such. Used avast, spybot, malewarebytes. Every program found something but i guess removed everything. Althou, avast is blocking new files everyday and i don't understand where are they coming from.

Btw i booted into safe mode and i had no freeze. Well, maybe i was on safe mode too short. I just anted to tell this.

What could cause these freezes? How can i fix it?

Sorry for long title :)

Several things of note. First it is absolutely essential that you update to Service Pack 3 because come July 10th XP with Service Pack 2 will no longer be supported. You need some serious updating and it may be a central reason you are experiencing issues..

Second, before you do the above there is a very strong possibility you are still infected. Go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the 8 Step sticky. Follow it step by step -- don't skip any of the steps. When you finish post on that forum with the required logs attached.

Third, since you can boot into Safe Mode there is a good chance your issue is driver related, but unless the above isn't attempted you won't be able to diagnose properly.

Fourth, as a side note, you might want to consider another gig of RAM if your motherboard is designed to do so. XP and two gigs is a good combination.

Fifth, you mention both Avira and Avast. Are both of these installed? Please tell us all the security software you have installed and running in real time protection.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I cant update my windows, because there is not enough space free. Its only 1.5 gb where i keep my windows and 140 megs are free. I tried to install sp 2, but no luck :) need 400 or 800 mb of free space.
Well i have other disk with 160 gb. But windows in that disk is corrupted and i cant dual boot to them. Also I cant write fresh copy of windows to that disk, because setup doesn't load... It restarts my computer...

I'll try to do those steps :) And sorry... I only have avast installed and running. No avira.
So Avast and Geswal are running in real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back