PC freezes when loading world of warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

Just built this computer. Everything has been running fine. While playing an online game (world of warcraft) my comp froze. I reboot and it ran fine after. Later on tried to logon and my game freezes anywhere from when i initially double click the desktop icon to boot and at the loading screen after character select. I completely uninstalled the game thinking might be a corrupt file. I ran scandisk and defragged. While trying to reinstall my comp froze again. i upgraded to directx10 just to see if it help any... it didnt. I have reinstalled the game again. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thx.

Heres my system specs:

CPU
Intel Core i7 - 920
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage II Gene
Memory
Patriot Memory Viper Series DDR3 12GB (6x2GB) 1333
Videocard
GeForce GTX285 OC
Cooling
Thermaltake Big Water 750is
Soundcard/Speakers
Sound Blaster X-Fi MB / Logitec 5.1
Hard Disk(s)
Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA 32MB cache 7200
Other drives
N/A
Case
CM Storm Sniper
Other Peripherals
N/A
Operating System
Windows XP Professional

Try turning vsync off in nvidia control panel. I loaded up WoW on my rig some months back to do some benchmarking, had the same issue. You should also try changing the windows compatibility. Last thing you can do is make sure the resolution through the ingame options are the same as your monitors resolution.

One of those worked, I dont have WoW on my pc to figure it out for you but hope this helps.

Tried your suggestions.. no dice. I did find i was able to run wow in windowed mode. Computer did freeze one time while i was defraging. Not Wow related? idk. All drivers are updated as well as bios and OS. I hate troubleshooting software. lol

i did send an email to blizzards techsupport. hopefully they will be able to help resolve the issue. Have no idea what else i can do to troubleshoot this. guess ill try running a sfc.

k, so heres what i changed. i went into the NVIDIA control panel. Under the Video and Television option i changed the Edge Enhancement/Noise Reduction from the video player setting to Use the NVIDIA setting and put it at 100%.

Ran the NVIDIA television setup wizard, switched to 480p EDTV and then back to 720p HDTV.

Under the display option, ran the display optimization wizard. Changed the display rez from 1280x720 (think tvsetup wizard @ 480p defaulted that resolution) Changed resolution back to 1920x1080.

Now currently running Wow with max Vid/Sound settings. ;)

Still having issues. I thought you solved it for a second, you change the compatability by right clicking on the wow icon and going to properties.

i downloaded ccleaner and fixed some problems i had in my registry. am back to running my pc game at full vid/sound settings. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back