PC freezes

Hi!

Recently, my PC had been experiencing BSOD's , I've searched the problem using the parameters displayed which led me to reformatting my computer.

After reformatting I then installed all the drivers needed (sound , graphic card drivers)
My PC had been running fine for about a week , then suddenly my display was flickering and then turns completely black , then the display comes back only to show me another BSOD (nv4_disp.dll) and then reboots.
Ive googled about it and found out it was NVIDIA so it led me to think that I installed a wrong driver or its my GPU thats faulty
Ive uninstalled my graphics driver and installed the latest one (now im sure its really the right driver) after installing it ... my PC was working fine for about a day , but when I played a game (warcraft III) my display was flickering again.. so the problem is back..
someone told me to boot in safe mode(which I did) and see if it freezes.. he told me if it doesnt then the problem is most likely the driver...
I booted it in safe mode and then used the PC for like 30 mins.. my PC is working fine and doesnt hang on safe mode.. so im like 95% concluding that its a driver problem.. can anyone help me? I've installed the latest NVIDIA driver 301.42 for my Geforce 6200 but everytime I start up it freezes in less than 5 minutes and I have to reboot again..

I would appreciate you help

The video card may not support playing those games or even support your computer. What version of Windows are you using?

I don't play games but Warcraft lll is an old one so you shouldn't need to be chasing the latest graphics drivers. Work through some of the older ones archived on the nVidia website and see if it solves the problem. Your graphics card is hardly cutting edge either and was released years ago.

nv4_disp.dll is nvidia display as tmagic said its def your graphics card either its not supported or it wont play certain games I would believe that its compatible but just not good enough for certain games , upgrade time mate

Well my problem has gotten more serious.. now after the windows booting(the one with the bar and windows xp logo) my pc freezes and screen turns black... im running the pc now on normal mode after uninstalling nvidia driver on safe mode

If the graphics card is dying or clogged with dust you won't fix it by changing the drivers. You've tried that already. I know you've spent ages on the problem but I'd be inclined to take a chance and replace the graphics card. They are not that expensive.

Back