Pc freezing up again. driver issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gourry25

Hey all its been a while, which is to me a double edged sword heh. I've had no issues for quite sometime but now seems i got one and its a similar issue i had way way back.

Over the past 3-4 days my Pc has locked up or froze i think 3 times in all, 1 time when i was using Winamp and the other while i was downloading something overnight. Now on the Winamp one i got the semi loud noise that was constant, with the overnight one no idea cause i was asleep and speakers were off.

I think this was a driver issue or a program issue where i was told if it happens again reboot and check the event viewer but I am not sure. if anyone can help me out it would be great.

" i got the semi loud noise that was constant, with the overnight one no idea cause i was asleep and speakers were off"...

This could have been from the hard drive. It may be going bad. Test it for errors when you can

It's not a HD issue . From what you explained I can tell you its CPU overclocked or over heating. Bring a giant house fan ,, and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it might be RAM highly doubt dat tho.,

Well so far it has not frozen again. I once had this same issue damn i think way back in early 2008 and if i remember correctly it was either on this forum or another site or even talking to someone that said the random freezing with noise or without was either video card issue where the fan was not spinning fast enough, my cpu fan, or it was something with some program(s) under event viewer that are missing something and causing it to lock up randomly.

I plan on cleaning my pc tomorrow its has not been cleaned since i think 1 month before I moved out form a dusty 3rd floor apartment back in late April to a cleaner house.

If if it hard dust what is the best way to remove it, would a q-tip plus the can of air do it or what?

The Q-tip and the can of air would be as good as u can do. be sure to blow it out before the q-tip, actually the air is how most do it.

Well it finally happened again and i still got to clean my pc but anyway i knew i experienced this before and got the event viewer log of the item , I just got to remember how to fix the solution like i did way back when i got this before.

The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

That is what is most likely freezing my Pc at random times, so far only two times and just one time since i first posted this thread, but i know this has to be the issue because i remember this stupid thing before just forget how to solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back