TechSpot

PC having problems

By Xraii
Aug 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i am new to this forums and am seeking help regarding my pc. my pc has been having problems when i first installed fall out 3. i then had to update drivers and i did but the game still wouldn't work. i kept un intaling and reinstalling driver to a point where my cumpter just crapt out and i had to reformat it. i did this and everything started to work out fine until my computer started to slow down more and more until everything was so slow that i thought i should restart. i did this and when i restarted, the computer did its checkups and the begging but at the end of them, it said i had a disk error and that i should press ctrl alt del. i restarted it and same thing. sometimes when i restarted it, it would go to the windows loading screen but wouldn't load or do anything. i then tried to reformat my computer again but when windows was done loading the files it needed to start the reformat i would get the blue-screen error...

i am really confused and need some help here. i am not to sure wether its a virus or some hardware problem or software. tell me if you need any other information...

power supply-850wat
    processor-intel core 2 duo e6850 3.ghz (1333mhz front slide bus)(4mb cache)
    motherboard-nvidia 680i core 2 quad (nforce 680i sli) ai revision
    memory- 2gb ddr2 corsair at 800mhz xms2
    videocard-nvidia geforce 8800gts 512mb
  2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

If there is any way to get beyond the blue screen, I would try running this tool,
    http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools
    By what you're explaning, it sounds like your HDD has become corrupt and needs replacing.:(
    I can't see it being a virus, because you just reinstalled the O/S.
  3. RICK0140

RICK0140 TS Rookie

i had this problem a while back, every time i re installed windows xp it would stick and do nothing , i tried for hours by reformatting the lot but to no avail, i gave in and took it to the computer repair shop only to find out my hard drive was knackered, so i bought a new one took it home and everything was ok, worked a treat...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.