PC is intermittant with loading displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
howdy all

hope someone can help.

every now and again i will turn my pc on, everything will look to boot fine, all the lights flashing on the pc etc. i can hear the hard drive boot, all the fans wizzing etc etc... but there will be no display on the monitor at all.

i also had my tv hooked up to the gfx card, so i switched that on and again no display which eliminates the possibility of a faulty monitor.

i tried and tried by rebooting pc, rebooting monitor, fully turning power off to everything and trying to boot, nothing!

then the next day, turned my pc on, and it worked!! as if nothing had happened. now, i darent turn my pc off incase it happens again but this time permanantly.

im currently running xp, have 2 7600 gs's but atm im using dual display so its NOT in sli. any suggestions?

regards, SteVo161

Hi SteVo

I would do the below.

1. Open case remove and re-seat the Video controller card.

2. To do the above you had to disconnect the Monitor Cable from the card, now if the other end of the video cable can be removed just unscrew and re-attach (in case of poor connection)

3. Run without TV attached for a while, long enough to see if issue fixed.

4. When TV is plugged back in pay attention to if there is a difference of when the TV is on or off. If you have borderline voltage for the system hence Video adapter the TV may cause a draw.

Mike

voltage could be an issue. Ensure your PSU is of sufficient wattage. google PSU calculator and add 30% to the results to determine your needs. Reseat all cards and cables. Ensure you have the latest drivers. You could also have a failing PSU. check it with a load tool and mutli-meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back