PC is not booting from Windows CD to format

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends.....

today i bought a new dvd writer......but to formate my system.....p.c is not booting from windows c.d......

also i checked the first booting device......its c.d rom there......but still its not booting from c.d..

what to do now.....please help me professionals......

thanks and regards !!

some more information....

hi friends.....

2 days before i read an article on internet " install windows via usb pendrive "......
so as my cd drive is also not working....so i thought to formate my pc and install new copy of windows through pendrive......then accroding to the article i downloaded 3 application from internet usb_prep8, petousb and bootsect.....

then i copied a new copy of windows cd on my root directory ie. c

then accroding to article i run usb_prep8 application which on further runs petousb.....which formated my pendrive then i run bootsect...which further created bootsectors on my pendrive.....so that it could be assumed as hard disk.... as this was mentioned in article...........

now after few steps my pendrive was ready with windows setup file with boot.ini, nltdr, and ntdetect...and so on

then i according to the article changed the first boot device and hard disk boot priorities........i made everything first to pendrive......

now the windows setup begins......everything was fine....till now......i deleted one of my partion but not the c drive.....because i was not sure of working this technique of installing windows via pendrives........then after deleting my e drive......i made windows files to copy on that e drive.....so that my previous window remain secure.....in case if this technique won't works i can run my pc from the previous window........

then after finishing the text setup of windows installation.......till the first reboot occurs after copying files to the selected partion ie e drive.........everything was fine.......now after reboot the gui based windows setup installation would have to begin.........but guess what happens........after rebooting......that means after the text based windows installation........two choices were appeared on the screen........1. gui setup of windows installation.

2. text based windows installation setup....

till now i was having no problem because everything was happening according to the article.........it was written in the article after the text based installation of windows.......that means after rebooting........choose the gui setup of windows installation..........

so according to the article i choosed the gui option........then it should begin gui windows installation..........but instead to doing that ....... my windows starts up normally.........i think this was happened because i was having my previous windows.....which was in drive c.

so from then i am running my pc ......by switching it on......then make it boot from pendrive....by changing hard disk boot priorities....and making first boot device pendrive........

and if don't change the boot devices ..... and hard disk boot priorities........a black screen occurs with this message...." windows could not start because a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

could not read from the selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware.

please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manual for additional information. "

so this message occurs.....if i don't change the boot devices....and hard disk boot priorities........

so today i bought up a new d v d writer......so that i could install a new copy of windows though windows c.d....

but it dosen't reads from c.d ....... i mean i changed the first boot device as cd rom.........

now when i insert windows xp c.d in dvd drive.........then the message occurs.....

boot from c.d ...

i press keys on keyboard......but nothing happens.......it just switches to the next screen
where two choices were mentioned...

1. windows xp professional sp 2
2. windows xp professional sp 2

if i select the first one..........the same black screen with the same message...." windows could not start because............................................................. manual for additional information..." appears....

and if i select the second option.....my windows starts normally........

so help me professionals...........i want to get out of this problem.......i want to formate my full system......so that everything get solved.......

one more thing ....... my new dvd drive is working fine......and my windows xp c.d is also new .........coz few days back i used that same c.d to formate my pc............

so seniors.....please help me......what to do now......

I don't know if this would help, but are you definite that the jumper setting on the cd/dvd drive is right, along with the settings in the BIOS. When you can't initiate the rom drive to the windows set up, either try an older cd-rom drive and install your new cd/dvd rom drive after you've installed Windows, or try a PS/2 keyboard. The two choices mentioned are the attempts to reinstall XP that did not complete. So never mind those and try to initiate the XP set up and go through the whole process. Which means, if you've managed to get to the set up usually a blue background with white text, you'll be going through a process of partitioning and formatting the drive which will then start copying windows files along with meter telling the amount in % all the way till 100%. And when this is finished, it will tell you that the pc is going to restart. When this occurs, do not press enter to boot to cd, otherwise you'll end up starting the whole set up process all over again. So after the pc restarts, just let it boot to windows because it's the second part of the set up processs this time with GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back