TechSpot

PC keeps rebooting

By llenod
Dec 19, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I have attached some minidump files - I thought maybe it was the videocard overheating, but I removed it and went to onboard video and it did it again today. Can you take a look and see if you can tell why this is happening?

thanks
    llenod
  2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Hi,

All of the minidumps have the same symptom and it crashes with bugcheck code FE (ie BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER) and instruction address. Usually it is related to hardware or USB device driver. Probably it is related to the USB driver or the firmware of the BIOS. What USB device trigger the crash?

Mini121506-02.dmp BugCheck FE, {5, 86c6e0e0, 10330035, 86bab180}
    Owning Process 86adbda0 Image: svchost.exe
    Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_PollAsyncEndpoint+41 )
  3. llenod

llenod TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, I have a keyboard and mouse on USB but under Device Manager it is listing my Pantech EVDO card under USB. It is however a PCMCIA card which is inserted into a PCI adapter. I am wondering if this is the cause as the drivers are fairly new for the card.
  4. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Hi,

Replace USB mouse and k/b with PS2. If no more BSOD, the USB mouse or k/b is the culprit.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.