PC keeps restarting when playing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramie

Hi, I have this problem every time when i start a game it keeps restarting.. PLEASE HELP I ALMOST TRYED EVERYTHING.

History :

1 year ago :

When i connected my GFX in my pc it made a strange noise like sharp(if i ran a game). So i was looking for what was making that sound . It was the Gfx Fan.

Anyway, 10 months later (after playing tons of games) It restarted once in a week(while playing a game ofc).1 month later, everyday once..1 month ( now ) it restarts every time when i play a game.

So today i reinstalled windows xp.

So i did a few steps :

Step 1 : Remove dust. So i cleaned every part of my computer with compressed air (dust remover).

After that i tryed to play my game again. BOOM it restarted right away.

So i searched on forums for some tips. I saw something about overheathing.

Step 2 :
So i bought 2 fans and placed 1 in the direction of my GFX . and the other one to my cpu.

The moment of truth ... BOOM it restarted....

I was really sad..

Step 3 : So i brought it to Store.

THEY SAID IT WORKS FINE?!?!?!
so i went to their store and played 30 mins on my own pc. And everything was fine!

I was really really happy. so i went home and connected everything and BOOM restarted...again...

Step 4 :
I went to my control panel ---> system and removed the X from Restarting. It could gave me a blue screen after it restarts. But it gave me nothing.

Step 5 : Checking for virus , Checking my event log
I found loads of thing in my event log about Service control manager wich sended a alert to my Alert service lol...

Btw : I found no virus

Step 6 : Returning to the store .. So i was there but the guy who repairs computers comes an hour later. So i conected their cabels on my pc and started my pc.

So i checked if it still works in this store. But when i started my game BOOM it restarted.
So i went home .

Next day the store called me And told me that its fixed again. THIS TIME I AsKED WHAT THEY DID . They said nothing it worked just like that. I Said how long is it working now. They said 6 hours. WTTTFFFF?????

I brought it home and conected everything . Started the game and it didn't restart. Next day i wanted to play my game. And BOOM restarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

So my brother told me mamby its your game. So i installed loads of other games and it is still the same problem whit every game.

So i went to a forum and i read something about emerency shutdown temputure in PC health(in BIOS). I went to my BIOS and i didnt found this "Pc health" .

Step 7 : I went to an other forum and read something about fan speed. That you can change it whit an software. I tryed that but still same fan speed .

I also tryed thing whit Speedfan : But every thing is cooled and not overheated.

I think there are 2 things that might solve this problem.

1. Update my bios and find that Pc health thing
2. MY GFX is totally broke...( im afraid that if i buy an new gfx that its still not solved) And im not that rich :p

If you need any of my System information please ask me what things u need to know

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.!!!

PS : Sorry for my english . Im not english but dutch :p

Hi bramie,

No need to apologize for your English - it is better than some of the native speakers! lol

I think that you need to work through a process of elimination with this. What was different when the PC was at the store?

ie. When your PC is at home, what items do you have plugged in that you did not take to the store?

This would be my first thought. Also, if the PC is restarting, Windows is probably creating a mini-dump file for debugging (C:\Windows\minidump\) . This may help to find the problem, so if you have any, please post them.

Nothing much

Uhm i didnt have connected ...Usb to my Phone and Usb to my Ipod. I have this now.

Thats the only differents between there and here.

But like i said. It restarted once there too and after 1 time it kept working for long time.

Ok, I think that the minidump is probably going to to be the easiest way to find indications of the problem. Can you upload a minidump please?

Please tell me what that is? i dont know that much about computers :D Can you explain. THANKS~!

To find the minidumps. browse to C:\Windows\Minidumps

Upload the most recent 3 files from that directory.

Thanks

Hmmm .. your machine must be set not to create mini dumps.

Click here to see how to enable minidumps.

A minidump will be created when a BSOD is shown so you will need to wait until the next time that a BSOD occurrs

Just a wild guess, but if the system is working perfectly in the store then I feel that there might be electrical problems at your place? Are you using a surge protector?

Also, please post your exact system specs. Use HWMonitor to read your system temperatures and report back.

yes but i went to Advandced tap in System and went to Recovery- options and removed the X from auto rebooting

Ritwik7 : what system specs do you wanna know? ( I checked my temputure whit Speedfan and its all good.

System specs would include the make and model of your CPU, motherboard, graphics card and PSU. Also what OS you're using. BTW, are you using a surge protector?

What temperatures does SpeedFan report?

This might not even be the answer but my laptop used to crash after using graphics it can't handle while I didn't have my drivers installed. Thats the only thing I can think of.

P.S at the time my laptop was running GL40 graphics chipset which weirdly isn' bad if your a DoW1 gamer though I still prefer my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back