PC keyboard key problems

sol1109

Recently when my kids use any games that use keys W, A, D, S for game movement they act like the number keys should. I tried using the game key assignment utility and noticed that when you entered one of these keys it interpreted it as a number key. Actually, each press of the key, W for example, would report as a number key increasing in sequence with each keypress (1, 2, 3, 4,,,etc). The same is true for any particular number key. The keyboard is a wireless Microsoft keyboard. I connected a USB keyboard and the same thing happens. Any suggestions?

Problem solved! A new security program from Comcast called "Constant Guard" contains an element called "Guard ID" which randomizes your keystrokes in order to protect you against Keyloggers. We uninstalled that part and the problems went away.

Problem solved! A new security program from Comcast called "Constant Guard" contains an element called "Guard ID" which randomizes your keystrokes in order to protect you against Keyloggers. We uninstalled that part and the problems went away.

Thanks for this piece of information. I have Comcast myself and they are always coming up with these little tidbits of "help."

Decided to remove Constant Guard completely. Constantly popping up with messages that confused the wife and kids as well as the browser within a browser for certain web sites. Just sticking with Norton 360.

Back