Pc lags or hangs around every 7 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malditohon

ok here it goes...

at first my pc just ran well, it started when i cleaned my components, removed almost all the devices on the motherboard except for the processor because i don't have a thermal paste. so after i've cleaned it and returned the components to it's proper places, i boot it on and to my surprise my system started to lag. even on my login screen. i tried scrolling the mouse on a random location of the screen but i have noticed that the mouse stop maybe a millisecond and then returned back.

so i tried to time when it lags and according to my tests, it lags around 7 seconds. i have already removing and plugging in the components of my pc but still it happens.

can anyone help me and thank you!

more power to all of us and to techspot.com

how long have you had that computer? If it is about a year old, the HD could just need to be defragmented. If that doesn't work, try stopping a few of your startup drivers or just push CTRL+ALT+DELETE and stop a few unnecessary drivers from running. If it still lags, you could have inadvertently rubbed off some of the protective covering on whatever you cleaned, so look for anything that looks stripped.

thank you starcruiser322 for your reply...

but i've already check those things and removed it again and again but still it lags. if it's in the components, what is it? is it the processor? RAM? HDD? or the motherboard?

by the way my computer is still a year and i have 2 HDD one w/ the system files only contains 40 gig and the other is 200 gig both are PATA. i have done booting only w/ only one HD which is the 40 gig w/ out DVD drive and the other HD but still it lags.

i also did the memory test which i use the memtest86, test my other PC components with the use of Hiren's BootCD 9.4, All in one Dos Bootable CD which has all these utilities. sad to say i didn't find any errors to my components.

hope you can help me with my problem.
thank you so much and more power!

Zenosincks said:
Are confident that it isn't malware related?

malware....??? think so? how will i know if its malware? how will i test it? my anti virus is a crack version of nod32 and firewall is just a windows firewall....
but im sure that i don't have a malware...

but then again thanks....

You mentioned that the problem began AFTER cleaning your components. Did you take anti-static precausions while doing so?

How can you "always" take precautions of something and then ask how it happens? Somehow, I strongly doubt it's the result of ESD anyway. See: Electrostatic Discharge.

How does the system lag every "around 7 seconds"? You're sure you aren't just imagining things?

Zenosincks said:
How can you "always" take precautions of something and then ask how it happens? Somehow, I strongly doubt it's the result of ESD anyway. See: Electrostatic Discharge.

How does the system lag every "around 7 seconds"? You're sure you aren't just imagining things?

your some kind of a helper alright... i won't bother writing all of this and reading all of your comments and response if my pc is in good shape. like you, i am also wondering why it happen. i can't explain why it happen every 7 seconds but i timed it. looking at my task manager then synchronizing my time with it and then i came up to a conclusion that every 7 seconds it lags.

how i wish i can show you my desktop to let you know my rare problem.

well thanks anyways!

Heh, if I am bothering you, I'll exclude myself from your thread. Have fun chasing phantoms and good luck with your "rare problem", Malditohon.

ok i found something... i've tried putting another HD and found out that it didn't lag or hang so meaning, my HD probably has a virus or it is damaged?

what can you say? thanks alot..

i better close this thread cause i finally found what is the problem. i found out that when i install the drivers for the motherboard it started to lag. so i deleted all the drivers installed on my motherboard, except for the sounds, lan and vcard.

so its ok!
thank you techspot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back