PC Memory Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reacking my brain here about this memory issue for about 3-4 days now. I had my pc unplugged with the memory out for a few months and just put it up and running 3-4 days ago. When i start the pc the boot up screen and shows that each slot is ruuning 32mb of ram when each stick is 256mb of ram. (I have two sticks). I have read alot of posts online with alomost the same issue and tried to do as suggested without any luck. Windows Xp shoes im running 56mb of ram. I have gone from clearing the cmos, changing ram slots to seeing if one stick is bad and using each of the slots with single sticks but no change. Then i tried to see if i had any bad hardware plugged in and testing them with known working ones but again no diffrence. I have also noticed on the boot up screen the ram reads in KB not MB's. No matter what hardware spec software i use now it will not show me the model number of my board and nore can i find it anywhere on the board i never had any problem before finding the model number from a software.

Things recently replaced:

Cmos battery, power supply, hard drive, still no change and the ram works perfectly find in my other pc with the same specs.

Any help you guys can give me would be awesome

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States) No details available
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
1.80 gigahertz AMD Duron
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
64 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded Bus Clock: 66 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 062710 07/15/97
Drives Memory Modules c,d
30.75 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
28.96 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 2F030J0 [Hard drive] (30.75 GB) -- drive 0, s/n F13VFNEE, rev VAM51JJ0, SMART Status: Healthy 56 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 32 MB
Slot '1' has 32 MB
Slot '2' is Empty
Slot '3' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 30.75 GB 28.96 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
dd123 5/7/2002 1:08:39 AM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator never (admin)
Guest never
HelpAssistant never

How old is this PC? When was it built? You may be using the wrong type/speed of memory modules for the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back