PC Monitor wont display, led flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i recently built a custom pc:

intel core 2 duo 2.13ghz
250gb sata hd( wasnt problem as its workin on my old dell pc im using now)
ati radieon 512mb x1600 (works with dell pc am using now ^^ same above)
biostar pt890 775 se motherboard, + 1gb 533mhz ram

if used many PSUs, literally latest 1 cost me £20, tried reseting CMOS( take battery out/move pins etc) and removed the ram n tested the pc but no luck and i BOUGHT a ASUS P5VD2-X motherboard and i got the same problem, they both say the compatible with intel core 2 duo so i dno wat goin on.

i had even managed to INSTALL WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL ( prior to monitor problem) , and eventually use the internet rite... Then when my sister had restarted the pc or it switched off and having trying to start the pc, the monitor(dell) wont display anything!!? the orange led jst keeps flashing. Also, before installing xp i was getting a error message saying please re-enter cpu settings in cmos or somthing and press f1 to continue, f2 to boot menu n other options but i just kept pressing f1 to carry on.

The PSU that came with my case didnt have a sata power connector so i used a dell psu (2-3yrs old) to power the new pc up. I tried another g card ( ati radieon x300 Then i took the monitor to test it on another pc(my private pc) and my graphic card has blown lool!!, well i might have accidently pulled the plug but its blown, my 7900gtx nvidia 512mb :( with an amd athlon x2 d core 2.4ghz now MY pc is giving me a "bios checksum bad" error and saying "usb device over current detected or smthing" which i erd was reely bad... UNBELIEVABLE aint it!!??

btw i ordered a new motherboard 4 my amd pc n hope it sorts THAT problem out 4 MY pc

The orange light is flashing because the monitor is not receiving a video signal from your graphics port. So you either have a bad graphics port, or bad graphics driver, bad video graphics card, or your have something inserted incorrectly.
Remove and reseat all cables. Remove and reseat video graphics card. Remove and reseat your memory modules.
But it is possible you may have blown your system board, or have other serious problems related to what you have described.
Most Dell power supplies do not work properly in other systems. They are often proprietary, and have special power out puts. You might first try a new or known good power supply which has all the appropriate power connectors.
Good luck to you. Please let us know how it all turns out.

read the beep codes (lights) guide on the second page of the guides forum

You USED a DELL PSU! oh no.... DELL PSUs are generally proprietary and use a non-standard voltage. You may have fried your system.

Immediately buy a standard PSU of ample size and wattage and test your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back