Pc monitor won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

merku919

i've tried to clean the inside of my pc and disconnected it all and connect it again and when i tried to open it.... the monitor screen is black but it is open... i tried to reconnect all the things again and i have no luck... all the fans inside are working including the fan of the video card... i tried to open the monitor with another pc and it worked... is there a problem with my video card?

i also checked if the cables are plugged in the right spot and they are plugged the same as when i disconnected them... if anyone could help me i'll be really really grateful

Check that the video card is seated properly in the slot.
Check that you have not bent any of the pins in the connector.
When you start the PC do you get a single beep or a string of them - if so, how many beeps?
hope this helps

i didn't get any beeps i checked the pins and its perfectly fine.... and the video card is seated properly in the slot...
whenever i start it i hear the usual sound but there is no monitor... also the light at the turn on button doesn't light up which usually does...

If you get no beeps then the PC has not passed the Power On Self Test (POST) which should give you at least one beep to confirm good. Some Compaqs gave two beeps to confirm good.
Uplug everything including all the drives, take out all cards like graphics and modem, take out the memory. Reboot - you should get at least six beeps to tell you there is no memory installed. No beeps is a bad sign as it may be the motherboard has failed.
What was the reason that made you clean it up?

i haven't really cleaned it for 5-6 months just now and my dad actually asked me to clean it... i'll try what u said and look if i hear any beeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back