PC not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

My second pc is a HP and when I boot it up it gets stuck on the hp invent sign I cannot enter safe mode or anything it just gets stuck at this, I have to hold the power button down to switch off, any ideas?

Have you tried hitting the Safe Mode key (F8 or, failing that, F5) at a different interval during the bootup/POST process? Or are you actually getting to the Safe Mode menu but experiencing an obstacle after that point?

Regards Jase :)

Try clearing the cmos, by either taking the cmos battery out for about 10 mins or if theres a jumper usually by the cmos battery, put that on pins 2 to 3 for about 30 secs and back again.

The easiest one for you, would probably take the cmos battery out.

Which looks like this:

cmos+battery.gif

Yes. You aren't deleting anything from the H.D.D your just resetting the bios.

The Cmos which stands for (Complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor) tells your computer how to boot ect...

All data on the hard drive will be safe.

I have done this and we have got somewhere futher it now passes the screen and says

Disc boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

Looks like it has changed the BOIS back to default and the primary boot up device is the floppy drive, but I press delete on the start up to enter the BOIS but it is not launching. Any more ideas?

Thanks

I just started it again and there is no message this time we are back to the screen and nothing is coming up from here cant even enter the bios exactly like before

*Are you sure your keyboard is working. Try another one, then try to get into bios.

* Are you pressing the right button to get into bios, usually delete.

* Also try plugging into a different usb.

I tried a different keyboard and was pressing delete still nothing. Do you have any ideas, other than reformatting it, wich is not the best option as I have important stuff on here

Thanks

you tried a different usb port?

Well i think the next option is to format. :(

Do you have your windows disk?

I was going to advise you to do a repair of windows, but you can't get in bios.

You won't be able to format niether, if you can't set it to boot from cd.

I think your going to need a new motherboard. :(

There is one last thing you could try, and that is to flash your bios. See how here.

No worries at all.

If you need any further help, then please post in this thread.

Regards Jase :) :wave:

Your registry is corrupt. If you have goback installed, revert the drive to an earlier state. If not, boot off the XP CD and run CHKDSK from safemode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back