PC not powering on

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Conqueror

I have my old computer I was getting ready sell by reformatting it when it just shut off. I turned it back on but it only stayed on for a few minutes before it just shot off. Now it won't even turn on. I have tried another powersupply but that didn't work. Sometimes when you flip the power switch in the back of the power supply the fans twitch a little and the is a high beep that sounds like the beep a computer will make if the power supply isn't plugged into a high in graphics card, so then I thought it might be a graphics card and a tried another graphics card but it still didn't work. It wouldn't matter if the hard-drive was fried would it? it should still power on right. So leaves the cpu and motherboard.
I was just wondering if you guys had any idea what the problem could be.

Here are the specs

CPU-AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard-ASRock K8 COMBO-Z
RAM-1 GB of Rosewill pc 2700
Hard Drive-160 gb hatachi
Vedio Card-Evga Geforce 6800

Thanks

I read all of your post. My motherboard power plugin (24 pins) was going bad. If I wiggled that junction of wires @ the board while trying to power up, I could get it to work, for awhile. This may not be true in your case. Good Luck.

I have already tried two power supplies and I know one works because I put it back in my other computer and I am using it now. I will try wriggling it next to see if I can get anything, and just to make sure you guys think it is probably the motherboard and not the ram or cpu? Thanks for the help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back