PC on top of refrigerator?

By faizrajaie
Dec 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hye guys..i have some spacing problem with my pc..and im planning to put it on top of a small refrigerator? is it safe and does it cause any damage to the component or the cooling ?
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

You realize of course that the obvious answer is to water cool the PC and run your lines and reservoir through the refrigerator right?:D
  3. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

lol Red, he is not talking about using the refrigerator to cool the pc. faizrajaie, if you can tell us if the air above and the air behind the refrigerator is hot, if it is then this will be a problem.
  4. faizrajaie

faizrajaie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 38

well..the air above is not room tempreture i think.the air behind also wasnt hot..( i only feel them with bare hand )
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I think it will be fine. You may want to put something under the PC to minimize vibration when the compressor for the fridge kicks on. Something cheap you could use is a couple mousepads.
  6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Had a college buddy do just that with a mini-fridge :haha: .

And ya you should be fine if you don't feel any temperature difference, just try to minimize the vibration as SNGX suggests.