PC Problem, Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about 2 - 3 months ago I bought a PC from a company called Chillbast Fusion. It has worked fine since then and Has never had any problems.

I was restarting my PC today. As soon as it got half way, (The PC had shut down and was preparing to reboot itself) Some sort of Wall-socket power failure happened in my house where the Power to everything using a Plug went "temporarily" dead. There was no lightning or anything as such, And my PC was also plugged into a serge protector.

Shortly after my Dad managed to get the power back on again. ( I don't exactly know If he did anything or If the Power came back on by itself ) The modem was on and my monitor too, but the PC wouldn't turn on whatsoever. I Pressed the button but it made no noises and no signs of life whatsoever.

I've tried changing plug sockets, Plugging the power supply in and out and waiting a while to try turning on the PC again, so far; nothing.

I'm aware people say it's beneficial to buy a new Power Supply, But I'm trying to avoid this as much as possible seen as I don't have the money to buy one and Fitting one would void the warranty I have for the computer still.

I'm also trying to avoid sending the PC back to the Company ( My friend did this, He didn't get his PC back for about 4 months ) as I specifically bought the PC for gaming purposes and the current PC I'm using now (a laptop) isn't capable of running some of the games I play.

Any help guys? :S

Try depressing the on switch for a full 60 seconds before release... to hope for a better reset.
Open the case... carefully, of course... and look for the CMOS battery on the motherboard... it is in a little protected area and has the circumference of a quarter, but is more than twice as thick.

Remove that CMOS battery for 15 minutes to an hour, then re-insert.

While doing this, do the sniff test to see if you detect any burned metal tye of odor.

Do you have the recovery disk set for that computer? Do you have a replacement hard drive to run some tests?

See if the above results in a good response. If not, remove the hard drive, and see if there is any response such as power supply fan turning, or cpu fan turning... or any lights that stay on.

A power failure that causes a catastrophic failure is very, very rare... but the power supply is always a suspect when it happens.

Can you borrow another computer from which you can remove the power supply to test?

Has anything changed to get lights going or fans turning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back