Oct 19, 2005
  1. o/s xp pro sp2
    memory 768ddr pc3200
    cpu amd 2000+
    radion 9600 pro 256
    motherboard nforce 2
    80 gig hard drive
    psu 350

i have been playing online games (call of duty)after about 5 mins it crashes
    and gives me bsod with codeswin32k.sys-adr655. bf80fids,bf800000

cant seem to figure it maybe memory but have checked with memtest86 and have found nothing it isnt over heating but could be psu i thought i would ask u guys as u seem to know ur stuff and i would appreicate your help i can zip minidumps if they are any help
    thanks skinner ps i have reformatted and still recive the same errors and grapics are up to date
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes by all means attach your minidumps here.

Techspot has an upload limit of 100kB per attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. skinner

skinner TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you for your time im normally good at problem solving but this 1 is killing me lol
  4. howard_hopkinso

It`s very difficult to be 100% sure from just one minidump.

Can you please attach 5, or 6 minidumps here?

Your mindump crashes with a hardware problem.

This of course could be any hardware.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram.

Regards Howard :) :)
  5. skinner

ill do a bit of gaming in mo so i can get some minidump and will post for you i did have more but reformatted today and same prob 2 formatts in 4 days oman what a head ache but i thought it would solve but it hasnt so hardware could be the probs but any suggestion or help is much appreicated i will turn auto reboot on errors back on and go for gold once again thank you
  6. howard_hopkinso

I know what you mean.

A lot of BSOD`s are caused by faulty ram, that`s why I think you should test your ram. If only to try and rule it out as a possible cause.

7. skinner

helo again just after a few hours here we go i have another 4 dump file and would be grateful of your input thanks :skinner
  8. howard_hopkinso

Again one of your minidumps crashes with a hardware error.

One crashes with win32k.sys. Multi-User Win32 Driver. Which is a Windows system driver.

Two crash with ati2dvag.dll. Whis is your ATI graphics card driver.

Make sure you have all the latest drivers, including your chipset drivers.

Regards Howard :)
  9. skinner

sounds a bit of a mess like i say its only when running high demand games im gonna do the memory test 1 strip at a time in morning i will let u know . what would be the most likly since we last chatted i have tryed different grapics drivers old and new no joy so im still looking at hard ware especially since i have just reformatted and its still happening
    just off the top of my head would a faulty psu do this or is it unlikely and memory could be the culprit but wont know till morning you have been a great and dedicated help and have my fingers crossed if any more dumps arrive i will post if that is ok thankfully skinner :D
  10. skinner

howard_hopkinso hello m8 you are a star it was 1 of my 3 memory sticks i think gaming seems ok now and system more stable i appreciate what u did for me and would like to thank you for your help as you were right :grinthumb :grinthumb
  11. howard_hopkinso

Glad you got your problem sorted.

Thanks for letting us know.

12. skinner

it was a 1 by 1 test that cracked it memtest86 didnt find so it just shows the manual test is more reliable as long as u have more than 1 stick of ram but wouldnt have found it if it wasnt for u so another lesson lerned thank you........ ps i know where to come for good advice now :giddy:

and will stick around to try and help others :knock:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.