PC problems

Moonfox

I'm at a lost on even how to word this. I've had horrible problems with my laptop for months where every browser, IE, Chrome, Firefox, even browser applications like Steam suffer from the same problem: graphics are stretched, or in places they shouldn't be, or missing entirely. It makes browsing the internet very difficult and I no longer know what to do. It's not a malware issue, I just finished going through some scans within the Malware forum.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Moonclaw1/TechspotPage.png Here's an image of what I'm talking about. It's the Techspot page in general discussions.

I hope someone can tell me what's wrong and hopefully tell me how I can fix this. Otherwise I'm not sure what sort of logs to give in order to go about helping..sorry...just...please and thank you for anyone that can shed some light onto this

Odd... Never seen it in a browser, but I've seen similar things happen within Windows itself with a bad video driver or bad video card. Try updating video chipset drivers?

I have seen this randomly but very rarely, but never here at TS. My primary browser is FF and when it does occur,
Opera & Chrome replicate the symptom. USUALLY, a day later it goes away.

I've concluded that this is not an issue with the PC, but rather with the Internet &/o the website.

If an ethernet link has contention (ie too many users for the bandwidth available), the collisions force a retransmission.
I suspect that retransmission and reassembly of the data to have problems.

=( unfortunately this has been going on for almost four months and I haven't been able to find a fix for it yet.

I'll try to update the drivers though, as SNGX suggested

Hm, maybe investigate what jobeard said.

Ring your ISP and act dumb. Say you're having intermittent problems, and a techie friend told you to ring them. Can they please run a line diagnostic etc.

Back