TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

PC RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN. Please help

By samw
Aug 18, 2009
  1. Hey, not sure if this is in the right group so mods please move where appropriate.

Well I have had this problem a couple of times before , but this morning I';ve had it randomly shut down and then on my 2nd attempt it **** down whilst it was booting up.

I realised that it was quite warm in the room so I did put my fan on to make the room cooler as I think it could be an overheating issue. I installed speedfan and I have attached a screenshot of its readings.

a couple of weeks ago, I was occasionaly gettin the BSOD. It wasnt continuous and I have attached the minidumps of these blue screens to see if you guys can notice a link between the two problems. If you have alook at my previous post I did post some minidumps which I am unable to post again and it was said that it could be a harddrive corruption. Since then I have defragged the harddrive.

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

2. samw

samw TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 48

I had another blue screen shortly after I sent my last post. I was running a full system scan on my antivirus. Minidump is attached.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.