PC reboot by showing a blue screen warning page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My PC (Windows XP and SP-2)is rebooting every 10 minutes by showing a blue screen warning page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

When i checked in control panel – Administrative tools – Event viewer – system . Then I found out Event 7000 is creating errors.

These errors are

“The XAudioService service failed to start due to the following error:
XAudioService is not a valid Win32 application.”

“The CSS DVP service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.”

And Event 5001 error

“Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter : Could not allocate the resources necessary for operation.”

Pls. help me how to overcome these problems.

Vijay

Do the events in the event log coincide with the times you are getting the BSOD reboots?

This error occurs when the OS tries to load something it is expecting to find in memory (RAM or virtual) and it is not there. (nutshell of the long definition). It can be caused by failing memory, failing harddrive or software/drivers recently installed. Can also be cause by viruses or an antivirus program.

1. Do you recall the date on which this problem began and if so, do you recall having made a change to your system. (OS updates, sw install, etc.)
2. If the events are associated with the BSOD, it sounds like it could be a hard drive issue or you may have a serious infection that is using all your resources.

What antivirus program are you using? Are you using any additional protections (anti spyware etc.)

Can you boot it into safe mode and is it stable there? If so, boot to safe mode and run your antivirus software.

If the event coincides with something you recall having loaded or installed, you can attempt to restore your system to an earlier time using the System Restore feature in XP.

Do you need instructions for those various suggestions?

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back