PC Reboots Product = 256_1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave my work PC running all the time; quite often when I arrive in the morning I find it has rebooted overnight. A minidump file has been created and the indication is '256_1'.

I have downloaded the 'Debugging Tools for Windows(x86) and have attempted to use the graphical Windbg and the command line kd.exe utility but can't seem to get them to work.
In the debug output I see warnings and errors to do with senfilt.sys.

I have attached the debuglog output as well as the minidump file.

Could someone please:
1) explain to me what I'm doing wrong when attempting to analyze the minidump
2) have a look at the minidump file and see if there is an indicator of the problem

Thanks,

Attachments

• Mini111108-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 13
  • debuglog.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 11
Your error is an 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

In your case both the minidump and the debuglog.txt cite senfilt.sys which is a Creative WDM Audio Driver or Sensaura WDM 3D Audio Driver belonging to the software SenFilt Service by Creative Technology. Notice how in your debug log it says it could not find the timestamp for this driver which means it was not functioning properly.

Update your drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back