PC reboots suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started when one day I put my pc on standby. Later on, when I tried to turn it back on, nothing came up on the monitor. I restarted the pc but nothing would show on the monitor. So I took out the RAM stick and fit it in the other slot (channel 2). After that my pc starts but it randomly reboots. It doesn't shut down or show a blue screen of death. Its like the power goes out for a second. I've tried re-fitting all the hardware but there doesn't seem to be any problem with the fitting. What should I do? I'm not at all a techie so please tell me step by step.

Have you taken a look at Event Viewer logs to check whether its recording something of useful nature to get to the root of this issue? You can find it in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and then double click on Event Viewer.

I would start by doing what Archean said. If there's nothing wrong in the Event Viewer, then I would check to see if the fans inside the computer are working properly and that the temperatures inside your computer are normal. You can check the temperatures with programs like Everest or Speedfan. It could also be that your power supply is not working well anymore. My friend's computer was randomly shutting down because the power supply was broken. He changed it and it fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back