TechSpot

PC reboots when gaming, screen with black/green/brown color and static noise

By yechtt
May 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi! I badly need help!
    Since last week, my PC has been constantly rebooting whenever I play games which has high graphics requirements. I can usually play these games for hours but now, my PC won't last 20 minutes without restarting.

I thought this may be a temperature problem since my GPU reaches up to 62C when gaming and my CPU reaches up to 52C so I decided to add a fan but it didn't work. Tried removing the sidepanel still didn't work.

I updated my nvidia GTS450 driver and still didn't work. Tried reformatting my PC too but still didn't work. HELP PLEASE!

2. yechtt

yechtt TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry, I forgot to add these important info.

CPU: i5-2400 @3.10 GHz
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
    RAM: Imation 4GB RAM/DDR3
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
    PSU: 550W

The event viewer says:
    [​IMG]
    + System
    - EventData
    BugcheckCode 278
    BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa8003c264e0
    BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff880051a06ac
    BugcheckParameter3 0xffffffffc000009a
    BugcheckParameter4 0x4
    SleepInProgress false
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Added my minidump too

Attached Files:

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The minidump is showing an issue with the Nvidia video driver, but from the symptoms, it sounds like a power supply issue

4. yechtt

Hi! thanks for the reply!
    I thought something was fishy with the PSU too since it's a generic PSU. I'll try replacing it and see what happens. Do you recommend replacing the Graphics card too?

5. yechtt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I removed the nvidia drivers and installed them again. Still having BSODs. Here's the latest minidump

Attached Files:

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Just replace the power supply first. The minidump is the same as before. Graphics cards pull a lot of power from the system. Get a quality 650 watt replacement power supply

terry5880 likes this.
  7. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 321

Very true I had same problem so put 750watt psu and runs fine now your psu has not got enough power