TechSpot

PC reboots when gaming, screen with black/green/brown color and static noise

By yechtt
May 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi! I badly need help!
    Since last week, my PC has been constantly rebooting whenever I play games which has high graphics requirements. I can usually play these games for hours but now, my PC won't last 20 minutes without restarting.

I thought this may be a temperature problem since my GPU reaches up to 62C when gaming and my CPU reaches up to 52C so I decided to add a fan but it didn't work. Tried removing the sidepanel still didn't work.

I updated my nvidia GTS450 driver and still didn't work. Tried reformatting my PC too but still didn't work. HELP PLEASE!

2. yechtt

yechtt TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry, I forgot to add these important info.

CPU: i5-2400 @3.10 GHz
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
    RAM: Imation 4GB RAM/DDR3
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
    PSU: 550W

The event viewer says:
    [​IMG]
    + System
    - EventData
    BugcheckCode 278
    BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa8003c264e0
    BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff880051a06ac
    BugcheckParameter3 0xffffffffc000009a
    BugcheckParameter4 0x4
    SleepInProgress false
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Added my minidump too

Attached Files:

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,872   +166

The minidump is showing an issue with the Nvidia video driver, but from the symptoms, it sounds like a power supply issue

4. yechtt

Hi! thanks for the reply!
    I thought something was fishy with the PSU too since it's a generic PSU. I'll try replacing it and see what happens. Do you recommend replacing the Graphics card too?

5. yechtt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I removed the nvidia drivers and installed them again. Still having BSODs. Here's the latest minidump

Attached Files:

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,872   +166

Just replace the power supply first. The minidump is the same as before. Graphics cards pull a lot of power from the system. Get a quality 650 watt replacement power supply

terry5880 likes this.
  7. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 527

Very true I had same problem so put 750watt psu and runs fine now your psu has not got enough power

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.