PC resets at winxp screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello!

well the problem is like this: i got my self a new GFX card yesteday. no problems so far but today i was cheaking internet when suddenly pc restarted without a reason. any action didnt help triend to change everything in BIOS nothing safe mode or any other mode didnt help cause it resets as soon as XP starts to load or just give black screen with flashing cursor!
i even tried taking out the hard drive and putted hard drive from my girlfriends pc which didnt help as well same stuff, i triend removing the new GFX card and the HD and putting my girlfriends hard drive and my old GFX card same stuff ...

i cant understand whats going on any help most appreciated!!!

ps. sorry for any grammar errors i was writing this in a hurry :(

Your hard drive is corrupted, or damaged. Boot into a recovery console and at the prompt type in chkdsk c: /r

Be prepared to wait at least an hour and a half for it to do it's thing. It's ridiculously thorough.

i even tried taking out the hard drive and putted hard drive from my girlfriends pc which didnt help
If Windows is installed you cannot swap the Harddrive into another machine with different hardware to your own (ie Different Chipsets)

Doing so, may have further corrupted the Windows system, which may require your Windows OS to be now repaired

Your hard drive is corrupted, or damaged. Boot into a recovery console and at the prompt type in chkdsk c: /r

Be prepared to wait at least an hour and a half for it to do it's thing. It's ridiculously thorough.

i cant boot into console as well it just give same black screen with flashing cursor nothing more ... :(

i can't boot into anything putting safe setting in BIOS and going into safe mode only give black screen

going with optimised seeting the as soon as windowns show to load it reboots

ahhh one more thing before the pc crashed the the bottom right corner there was a yellow traingle with ! but clicking on it didnt gave anything. And one more thing when pc starts to load it shows sometimes 200Mhz and sometimes 400Mhz ...

and if hard drive is currupted could it be due to virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back