PC restarting itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g4mer

I overclocked my AMD Athlon64 3000+ [Venice] from 1.81 to 2.16GHz with BIOS. When I try to play games, PC restarts. My temperature is below 30C. I overclocked CPU FSB Frequency from 200MHz to 240MHz, and i lowered HT Frequency from 5x to 3x. Why is my PC restarting if my CPU temp is low?

Exactly when does it restart, immediately after trying to start a game, sometime after playing the game, or just anytime it feels like while playing the game?

Is that temperature reading the highest it goes?

Can you please post the temperature for your CPU and graphics card when the comp is not doing anything, and again when you're playing games (or just before it restarts, as close as possible would be nice).

When idle my cpu temp is about 20C or less. I dont know how to detect gpu temp. I have CoreTemp and SpeedFan and they both are showing only cpu temp. My GPU doesnt have a cooler by the way. When playing games my temp is about 35-38C. It can hardly reach 40C.

It is possible that your RAM cannot hold the speed you're asking of it. When you overclock your FSB by 20%, you also end up overclocking your RAM by 20%. This causes RAM errors and random restarts, which any amount of CPU cooling will not help at all.

Use memtest and see how long your memory will last. Usually I would set this up to run overnight before I'm content that my RAM is fine. It should be downloadable somewhere here on Techspot.

I downloaded that program, i cheked temps under "Voltage,Temperatures and fans tab", and i didn't see gpu temp. This is what it showed me:
Processor Temperature :24 °C,
Mainboard Temperature :25°C,
Power/Aux Temperature :13°C,
Thermal Zone :21.8°C,
AMD Athlon 64 (Diode) :27°C,
Hard Disk WDC WD800BB-55JKC0 (Assembly) :29°C
I also cheked in the "Video" tab where it shows me my gpu details, but no temperature.

Your GPU might not have the hardware required for a reading, its okay. Its probably not at fault anyway.

Also, refer to my last reply.

May be the PSU can't provide sufficient power? What power supply are you using? Also, I should add that it may be due to lack of power protection. I experienced the same when there were surges.

Well i had a 350W PSU that died, so i bought some cheap 450W PSU. I don't know the manufacturer. I ran that memtest and i had 0 problems.

Well i had a 350W PSU that died, so i bought some cheap 450W PSU. I don't know the manufacturer. I ran that memtest and i had 0 problems.

Cheap PSU's and overclocking doesn't go well hand in hand. Your PSU's actual watttage/ampg may not be what it tells you on the boxt.

You see, overclocking will involve everything, not just CPU. Another thing to think about is that your CPU just isn't able to overclock that high. Or maybe your motherboard (NB specifically).

Yeah i know that my CPU and PSU are rubbish, its just that i so some guy on the youtube overclocking this CPU to 2.3GHz so i tried to overclock mine. Then my PC started restarting it self when gaming. My CPU is old 5 years i knew that something would go wrong.

Name: BlueScreen
OS-version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
language-ID: 1053

BCCode: 50
BCP1: E2DE26DE
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 826B9AC8
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Can anyoone PLZZZ help me!!!??? its a a disaster!! I don´t know what to do! My computer just go in bluescreen.. HELP NEEDED!!

Ninus84
Newcomer, in training Member since: Feb 2010, 1 posts

Name: BlueScreen
OS-version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
language-ID: 1053

BCCode: 50
BCP1: E2DE26DE
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 826B9AC8
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Can anyoone PLZZZ help me!!!??? its a a disaster!! I don´t know what to do! My computer just go in bluescreen.. HELP NEEDED!!

It probably is related to some software/driver/or service being hanging/or crashing. Do you have another user account to login with? If so try using that and see if it happens.

Also to give us some more meaningful information, go to control panel, admin tools, event viewer, and check system logs thoroughly and see if its logging something about these errors.

If you can't boot your system normally, trying booting in safe mode, and try the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back