Mar 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. System Model: Inspiron 545
    Processor: Intel Celeron 450 @ 2.20GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    Graphics Card: Geforce GT 220
    64 Bit
    Windows 7

I know this probably isn't a high end gaming computer or a computer that is amazing for gaming but It's been happening for a while now, the games I mention could all run before on high settings smooth. The games I've tried are CSS, Garry's Mod, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Lord of the Rings online and Team Fortress 2 and they all seem to do it, they will run smoothly for about 10-12 Minutes and then the frame rate will just drop and It becomes unplayable but some games are actually different when the frame rate drops for example Garry's Mod will drop for about 10-20 Seconds and then be smooth again whereas Left 4 Dead 2 will drop and it never picks up again and It'll fix if I restart the game. I've defragged, Cleared up space on my C: Drive and even cleared it of dust and the problem still persists, Can anyone help me?

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

3. Brad Phillips

Brad Phillips TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'll give that a shot and I'll let you know, Thanks!

4. Brad Phillips

It didn't work, It failed the PhysX failed, What should I do now?

5. Brad Phillips

Well I got the driver working but the problem still persists!, It just takes longer before the frame rate drops

6. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TS Addict Posts: 414   +112

Check your the temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and whilst you run one of the games (I'd go with L4D2, since it's the most taxing).

7. JC713

I Was getting to that lol. I notice with my laptop, when I play for a few hours, my frame rates begin to lower.

8. Brad Phillips

I think it is an overheating issue, How can I fix it?

9. JC713

Well, you will need to remove the shroud off the graphics card and clean it from dust and replace the thermal paste. First try clearing the GPU, CPU, and case from any dust.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.