PC runs games smoothly then frame rate drops

System Model: Inspiron 545
Processor: Intel Celeron 450 @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: Geforce GT 220
64 Bit
Windows 7

I know this probably isn't a high end gaming computer or a computer that is amazing for gaming but It's been happening for a while now, the games I mention could all run before on high settings smooth. The games I've tried are CSS, Garry's Mod, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Lord of the Rings online and Team Fortress 2 and they all seem to do it, they will run smoothly for about 10-12 Minutes and then the frame rate will just drop and It becomes unplayable but some games are actually different when the frame rate drops for example Garry's Mod will drop for about 10-20 Seconds and then be smooth again whereas Left 4 Dead 2 will drop and it never picks up again and It'll fix if I restart the game. I've defragged, Cleared up space on my C: Drive and even cleared it of dust and the problem still persists, Can anyone help me?

Check your the temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and whilst you run one of the games (I'd go with L4D2, since it's the most taxing).

Check your the temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and whilst you run one of the games (I'd go with L4D2, since it's the most taxing).
I Was getting to that lol. I notice with my laptop, when I play for a few hours, my frame rates begin to lower.

Well, you will need to remove the shroud off the graphics card and clean it from dust and replace the thermal paste. First try clearing the GPU, CPU, and case from any dust.

Back