PC Shuts Down Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logs for Hijackthis and MBAM have been submitted, but Super AntiSpyware could not be installed because I am currently running in Safe Mode. Safe Mode also prevents me from updating my Java application from 6u13 to 6u15. Other than that, all steps were followed in order.

About a week ago I was having problems with the computer shutting off for no apparent reason. I figured that it was a hardware problem at first because I had symptoms similar to this before. However, at first the computer was shutting down when certain applications were running (namely Vuze, which has been removed upon request of the 8 steps). Now I am not able to start the computer at all in Normal Mode; the computer shuts off at the screen when you have the Windows XP symbol with the moving bar from left to right. I am able to boot in Safe Mode.

Since all 8 steps were not followed due to me being in Safe Mode, I understand if no support can be provided. Please let me know either way if you can help. I appreciate any assistance.

Pirrip777

P.S. Avira was not installed but Avast was able to under Safe Mode conditions. There were three viruses found...

Win32: Trojan-gen {Other} was found.
Win32: Walivun [Trj] was found.
Win32: Kuang2 was found.

It would be helpful to have brand, model of computer, and installed memory, or brand and model of motherboard, with memory installed as we get past the infestation.
Remove SpyBot Search and Destory. it is an old an ineffective version.
Remove Panda if you are going to use MalwwareBytes
You still have this to deal with:
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 14
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 6
Folders Infected: 7
Files Infected: 23
Go back now that you have removed some infestations, and in regular mode try to install Windows Defender, Avira or Avast, SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor.... It will take a minimum of two spyware programs, and likely that will go up to three for you.
Then as soon as you run the scans, rerun in SAFE MoDE, then run again in Regular mode.
You will need to run a version of 8 Steps from TechSpot that is consistent with the problem you report.

Your Host Files have been hijacked- you are being taken to the Ukraine. You will need help removing the malware and resetting your router.

Unfortunately, we are temporarily short of malware helpers here. I would encourage you to try and clean with system with guidance. Please see Virus and Malware Removal HERE if you would like assistance.

Please follow the preliminary removal instructions.

I recommend that you don't install or uninstall security programs until or unless you are directed to do so by your helper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back