TechSpot

PC shuts down immediately

By apaullo
Sep 1, 2008
  1. hey there again..i have another problem AGAIN..tis about a PC shutting down just after it started..once the desktop shows, it has a message telling the system is shutting down..i tried using safe mode same result.

i cant troubleshoot the PC since i cant do a thing about it..the systems shuts down immediately...what kind of nasty freak is doing this? i cant even identify what virus it is since i see nada >.<

thanks for the rep! :)

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi

Sounds so much like the blaster virus, there is a fix on the web, you will need to start in safe mode and run the fix from there.

Regards

3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Do you have a Windows install disk?

Can you tell us what Windows it is?

Can you post some specs anytime in the foreseeable future?

4. apaullo

apaullo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 80

its windows xp SP2..

the specs is dual core1.6GHZ

512mb DDR..

sorry for the late reply..now 2 of my PC's is laready infected..i fear more will be follow..im already formatting the 1st one..but i really need a fix..

and saffe mode is also nada...same result in safe mode

5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

You never answered whether you had the XP disks - if you do, try a Repair Install and then get into Safe Mode and delkete everything you don't need and then run some AV programs.

6. apaullo

apaullo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 80

i do have a windows disk..and i tried reinstalling the software and it went smoothly but still the same result..the safe mode restarted still

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.