PC Sound problem

By sharma
Oct 25, 2008
  1. do i need to install new sound card, if so what will happen to inbuilt old card etc. please help me . thanks
  2. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Enthusiast Posts: 221

More info please...

What OS are you using?
    Did you format your computer recently?
    Are all of your driver's up to date?
  3. sharma

sharma TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes i did format my computer recently and i am on Window XP home eddition, not all but most of the drivers are updated, driver detective didnt find any driver problem. window update not showing if i need to instal any sound driver also. control pennal/sound says there is no sound divice. so dont know what to do. should i install new sound card or sumthing else. please help
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
    • Click File->Preferences
      • Check English
      • Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
      • Close Preferences window
    • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
      • Computer
      • Motherboard
      • Multimedia
    • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
    Generate a DirectX report
    click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
    Notice progress in lower left window corner
    When done, click Save Information button
    In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Advanced Reply)​
    Problem devices
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (may few second till new window opens)
    • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post
  5. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

sharma, u have not installed the drivers for the sound, onboard or sound card.
  6. Micaleth

Micaleth TS Rookie

Prob need the Motherboard drivers.
    If its onboard audio try to get the newest drivers from the manufacturers site.
  7. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

Excuse me, this is not meant to insult you but, did you check that the speakers were connected and the power plugged in?

-- Andy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.