PC start up issues

danel szewczyk

Hey guys. My PC has been working fine then I had a power outage, my computer was not on at the moment though, so it might not have been the issue. After running my PC the whole day I shut it down over night, when I turn it on it turns on no problem but it doesn't go past the bios information to get into bios by pressing Del or F2. I have to shut down the PC completely and flip the switch on the power supply from off to on and turn the PC on again and it loads to start up no problem. It's an Asus motherboard and I also noticed by the memory there is a led light the flashes 2 times or so when I first turn it on.

If the PC never goes past the bios info into Windows, the hard drive may have an issue. If you can get into the bios check to see if the boot hard drive is first in the boot list

Sounds like a corrupt BIOS. Try clearing the CMOS by motherboard jumper or removing the CMOS battery.

Bought a new cmos battery and reset that, could it be the memory causing the problems? The light next to it does blink twice when I turn it on. I mean the computer can be used without a problem, if I turn off the power supply and turn it on every time I want to use it.

Not to mention the PC crashed on a blue screen when I had it in sleep mode a month or so before this happened.

It dose sound like a hardware issue, but you may be able to solve this by attempting to re-install Windows fresh. If this fails you can try new memory or another hard drive

It dose sound like a hardware issue, but you may be able to solve this by attempting to re-install Windows fresh. If this fails you can try new memory or another hard drive

Could it really be a hard drive issue? The PC once started works perfectly fine.
I was thinking Memory, but would memory cause issues with PC posting?

Back