PC start up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok it started a couple of days ago when my computer started freezing with firefox then it moved to other programs and then started freezing everything at once meaning it needed to be restarted no all it does, when i go to boot it starts up but screen goes black and thats it no further.

System:
windows 7 32bit
gigabyte EX58 UD3R
Gigabyte ati 5770
6gig corsair ram
1tb western digital HDD
Coolermaster 650watt power supply

na what happens is u press the power button all noises happen enter bios page stuff comes up and when it gets to the point where its meant to say starting windows and the windows logo rolls it doesn't happen it jusy goes black

na what happens is u press the power button all noises happen enter bios page stuff comes up and when it gets to the point where its meant to say starting windows and the windows logo rolls it doesn't happen it jusy goes black

Which noises? For example, does it beep three times? When the screen goes black is there anything on it, like a single _? In you bios what is your device boot sequence priority?

nope no beeps what so ever and i dont know how to check that bios thing and i cant check it because i unhooked to hook up this old computer at time ive gone into the option thing where you choose how u want to boot i chose main HDD and it started fine then froze again had to reset it and the black screen started again

if you're trying to work off one network connection, I would recommend buying a router as it will be a major pain in the butt for you to do all of the cable switching that you will need, however, if you are unwilling to hook up the other computer I can't really help you. What I would recommend is set your bios boot priority to cd-r, or dvd-r(dvd-r I would presume), put your windows cd in the drive and boot off the cd, then just allow it to hopefully repair windows, worst case, re-install. If you can get through that with out it freezing, you're probably home free.
Triz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back