PC suddenly died

Alvin432

So I was enjoying a game of CSGO with my friends when suddenly my PC died. Literally, it died. It shut itself down. To turn it on again, I need to wait for a couple seconds, then I can turn on my PC again. This happened to every programs and games I touched. Can someone tell me what's wrong? (PS : When it's in the state of 'dead', VGA, Processor, etc, is still running, but the PC itself died. I had to reset it to turn it on again)

Check temps while gaming or doing some stuff. If your hitting 90C, that's not good.
2nd thing to consider might be power supply starting to crap out.

Can you list all the specs to your computer?
My temps during usage is fine, but I was thinking my PSU is the problem.
My specs :
Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 2700
VGA : MSI GTX 1660
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450M Aorus Elite
Ram : VGen Tsunami 16GB DDR 4
SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 512GB
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 2TB
PSU : Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 500 W

I'm wondering if ScpService is corrupt - it should be translating your PS3 controller to Xbox 360 - and your programs may no longer work with it. Did 'view technical details' produce anything else?

I think that trap is for graphics drivers.

Well, try uninstalling it from Windows add/remove programs list, or if you have a program un-installer run that. @Cycloid Torus posted that is where a fault occurred in the screenshot. I would do that before swapping out any components. I just read a post in Malwarebytes forum over a problem with one of their apps that uses the same file.

So it's ScpService creating this havoc on my PC? Should I delete it?

From that Pastbin here's the pertinent data:

Code:
Description
Faulting Application Path:
E:\ps3 controller\ps3 controller\ScpServer\bin\ScpService.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:   ScpService.exe
Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.103
Problem Signature 03:   5186cfda
Problem Signature 04:   System
Problem Signature 05:   4.8.4001.0
Problem Signature 06:   5d37b3ae
Problem Signature 07:   2e34
Problem Signature 08:   0

If you search for the file, right click and read it's properties and the security tab to see if these details match. It may work to just rename it - like "scp_OLD.exe"... then reboot.

From that Pastbin here's the pertinent data:

Code:
Description
Faulting Application Path:
E:\ps3 controller\ps3 controller\ScpServer\bin\ScpService.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:   ScpService.exe
Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.103
Problem Signature 03:   5186cfda
Problem Signature 04:   System
Problem Signature 05:   4.8.4001.0
Problem Signature 06:   5d37b3ae
Problem Signature 07:   2e34
Problem Signature 08:   0

If you search for the file, right click and read it's properties and the security tab to see if these details match. It may work to just rename it - like "scp_OLD.exe"... then reboot.
I see. I'll do it later at home for now. I'll give you guys an update if anything interesting happens.

Heya. I decided to delete ScpService and tried playing again. PC's running great and there's no error again. But, when I exit the game, the PC shut itself down again (same state. Everything's running, just the PC suddenly turned off). Should I be concerned about this or this is just a post-removal thing that happens?

@Alvin432 - Bluetooth "service" and the device - I have a plug-in dongle, had to set to "disabled" for my computer to sleep.

If you bring up Task Manager look through the lists for "bluetooth" if you have it I can track down and post the ones I disabled. Bluetooth starts when I want to use it, "disabled" setting seems to stop the electricity use that keeps the PC from sleeping.

Hey everyone! So after playing games and editing, I can now peacefully say that my PC is good again! Apparently, ScpService (which I installed myself, not a malware) kept breaking my PC. After deleting it, everything's fine! Thanks for your help everyone for saving my money (^_^)

Back