PC to LCD tv

Hi my name is Mark and this is my first thread, hope someone can give me some advice. I am trying to view my PC onto a 19in Beko LCD my OS is XP pro. I have connected via VGA / VGA. When I power my tower up the front XP logo starts to load for about a min the screen then goes blank and a message "out of range" appears. My PC has worked on a smaller monitor and also I have connected my laptop to the 19 in with the same result, I assume the LCD is at fault. any ideas

Regards Mark

My first guess is that you're trying to run at a higher resolution than your display is capable of. Hook it back up to the monitor it displays properly with and then lower the resolution... then swap it back. Also, don't set it to a refresh rate higher than 60.

Hi Mark, welcome to techspot. I'm no expert on your problem, but the 'out of range' message sounds like your computer/laptop (at 50-60hz) isn't handling the Beko screen refresh rate for some reason.
Get the technical specs of the Beko and put them up here. Someone might see where the incompatibility is. Are all your XP drivers up to date, as well?

PC to LCD

My first guess is that you're trying to run at a higher resolution than your display is capable of. Hook it back up to the monitor it displays properly with and then lower the resolution... then swap it back. Also, don't set it to a refresh rate higher than 60.

Hi thanks for reply the resolution setting I take it is on the PC and there is only one 640 x i think 860 4 bit colour another point when I load in safe mode I can sign in and work on my desktop. Will try a smaller monitor in the next day, cheers Mark

Hi thanks for reply the resolution setting I take it is on the PC and there is only one 640 x i think 860 4 bit colour another point when I load in safe mode I can sign in and work on my desktop. Will try a smaller monitor in the next day, cheers Mark

VGA would be terrible compaired to DVI or HDMI.

My LCD is 120hz and a vga connection is not worth the time

Hi many thanks for your advice tried it and it worked many thanks again well worth joining this forum cheers Mark

Back