PC Tools Firewall plus stucks up my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallb

it stucks my comp sometimes and if i press a key my computer beeps and thats it the screen is stuck forever and i gotta restart it, is there a way to take care of it or many be you could recommand me on a better firewall? thx

Comodo or ZoneAlarm both have free versions.
But tell us more about your software and hardware configuration, and what is going on when PC Tools does what it does... particularly what exactly does PC Tools Firewall do?

when i run a program for the first time he met, he asks me i to approve it. some times without any apparent reason, it makes my computer stuck when it tried to ask that question, and it happens randomly, not on specific programs, i can run it on a program stuck my comp , restart it, and then on the second time it wont do it. I've asked around the product forum and I've seen allot of ppl complaining about the problem. they didn't yet respond to me and i know TS helped me alto before so i've asked around here too.

Any firewall need to be configured to the specific user. IF your browser is asking for access, you need to allow that in the firewall program itself. Otherwise you will be asked every time you launch the browser and request a web site or page.

Either go to the PC Tools site or open the firewall> Programs and familiarize yourself with the settings.

doh thats totaly not what i asked X.X
i said sometimes when the firewalls tries to ask me if to allow something, it stucks my computer.

Yes, it it what you asked! IF you don't give a program permission to access the internet, it's going to pop-up and ask every time you try to do it.

If the firewall is malfunctioning and you are not pleased with it, uninstall it.

I am one of the very few people who doesn't understand what, ", it stucks my computer." means... Describe for us what it does that you term as "...stucks..."

do you mean that the firewall blocks the program from running? Or is it that your system slows?

ok ill re explain my self.
the fire wall is suppose to ask me, i want it to be so, but im 5% of the cases it asks me, when it pops the window to ask "do you want to approve this and that?" the whole computer freezes, its like i make a print screen, and after i try to press any key the bios beeps and i have to hard boot my comp. this doesn't happen to a particular program, it happens randomly, I've checked the forums of the firewall company and there are about 40 threads there about the fact the fire wall freezes computers. does any one know the problem or a way to fix that? cause it doesn't happen to all computers , only some. and if not could you recommend me the best fire wall around? thx allot.

I have used PC Tools firewall before in the past and never encountered that problem. Sounds like something else is causing it.
What kind of machine are we talking about and some system specs?
How much RAM?
What OS?

I would avoid the PC Tools firewall for a while, and run Comodo or Zone Alarm.

The PC Tools firewall causes too many problems for too many users, compared to the supposed good that it does. I am not convinced it is any good at all.

I would avoid the PC Tools firewall for a while, and run Comodo or Zone Alarm.

The PC Tools firewall causes too many problems for too many users, compared to the supposed good that it does. I am not convinced it is any good at all.

Wrong! It is a very good program. Some what like comodo, just less annoyig.

i am using xp sp 3 i got 1gb ram the spec doesnt seem to be the problem.... perhapes there is a collision between the firewall and some other program.... meanwhile i got no firewall =/

Doesn't sound like your firewall. They don't normally freeze your PC. They can nag you to death if a program or process does something,though.
Sounds like some kind of conflict going on for certain services or ports.

We have a very large number of clients who have serious troubles with the PCTools firewall, and when switched to either Zone Alarm or Comodo, the problems go away. No need to use PCTools ... though Spyware Doctor remains excellent... at a high cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back