TechSpot

PC was freezing, replaced RAM, fixed, now freezing again..

By Heroboy
Jul 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I ran malware bytes, no viruses. Viruses are out of the picture, this exact problem was had like a few weeks ago, and Bestbuy took it in, and the ram apparently was broken, so they fixed it and gave me it back. Now the same problem is occuring. after I hit desktop, a few minutes later, my PC freezes. Like sound just keeps going, like in music, but the video freezes, mouse freezes, and any or all action ceases. I have to hit boot button on my case. Please help me. It wasn't doing this earlier, but now it started up badly.

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

Is it still under warranty? If so I would take it back to Best Buy, Where you had it fixed before.

3. Heroboy

Heroboy TS Rookie Topic Starter

No warranty, it's a custom built gaming computer with high end stuff.

4. Cobalt006

Have you installed any new drivers or software ? Plus post your computer specs Plus your OS version, If you have had any BSOD Post them to. This way someone can help you out.

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

What are the complete detailed specs?

6. Heroboy

Heroboy TS Rookie Topic Starter

No BSODs. I dont know how to tell the exact stuff I have, I kind of forgot over the time I have had it. I haven't done anything new. And its Windows 7 with the newest version of it

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Just freezes, with no BSOD's?

8. Cobalt006

Is there any way you can check to see what your specs are. This would help someone to help you.